Building and Safety Division
City Hall | 16400 Colorado Avenue | Paramount, CA 90723 | (562) 220-2036
Building and Safety Manager, Antulio Garcia
(Based on a new State of California directive designed to limit the spread of the coronavirus, and out of an abundance of caution in the interest of public health, the City of Paramount, as of March 17, 2020, is only issuing building permits that are of an urgent nature. If you have any questions, please contact us at (562) 220-2036.)
The role of the City of Paramount's Building and Safety Division is to enforce the provisions of the California Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical Codes and other codes, laws, and City ordinances. The intent and purpose of the Building Code is to establish the minimum requirements to safeguard the public safety, health, and general welfare.
The Building and Safety Division reviews construction documents and issues permits for the construction, alteration, demolition, and relocation of buildings and structures. Building and Safety inspects the properties for which such permits have been issued.
Building and Safety staff welcomes the public at the Planning Department public counter at City Hall (16400 Colorado Avenue) for issuing permits, submitting and/or retrieving plan check applications, and reviewing permit files during the following hours (please arrive at least 30 minutes before closing).
Public Counter Hours:
Monday-Thursday* from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday from 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
*Wednesdays the counter is closed from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Available at City Hall:
Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Monday-Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Available by Phone:
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m..
Inspector Rick Baptista - (562) 220-2062
Inspector Dan Martin - (562) 220-2061
Building Code Information
- 2017 County of Los Angeles Building Code Based on 2016 California Building Code
- 2017 County of Los Angeles Residential Code Based on 2016 California Residential Code
- 2017 County of Los Angeles Plumbing Code Based on 2016 California Plumbing Code
- 2017 County of Los Angeles Electrical Code Based on 2016 California Electrical Code
- 2017 County of Los Angeles Mechanical Code Based on 2016 California Mechanical Code
- 2017 County of Los Angeles Green Code Based on 2016 California Green Building Standard Code
- 2016 California Building Energy Code
- California Building Standards Commission - Click link here