PEP Scholarship Applications Available
More than $1 million has gone to local Paramount students through the PEP college scholarships to help them achieve their educational dreams.
PEP scholarships of $1,000 are awarded to students attending a community college and $3,000 to students attending an accredited four-year state university within the U.S, including vocational/trade/technical schools. This jumps to $4,000 if attending a University of California campus or a private four-year university in the U.S.
Scholarship monies may only be used to pay tuition, fees, books, and supplies for the 2019-2020 school year.
Here are the requirements for applying:
· Must be a City of Paramount resident and/or PUSD student.
· Have a high school diploma or GED (or be a graduating senior in high school).
· Must enroll in an accredited program.
· Possess a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.0.
· Submit a copy of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid Report.
· Dream Act AB 540 students are welcome to apply.
The finished applications need to be turned into Paramount City Hall by the end of the day on February 14, 2020.